THE DAILY DIVERSION

SCOURING MY BRAIN FOR A LITTLE ACTIVITY

Monday, December 08, 2008

Coming around...

Okay, so I've caught all kinds of flak that I never blog any more. Well, here you go. Just so you know, the reason I quit blogging was because I couldn't do it at work any more. Blogging, alone, usually got me through the monotonous routine of my average work day. So, you can imagine how much fun I'm having at work these days, right?

My last post was kind of depressing, to say the least, so I'll try to liven it up a bit. I'll start with the easy stuff...

Adrianne and I are doing great. We're both healthy and happy. We're still in Memphis, for better or worse. Bums still bother the shit out of me on nearly a daily basis. I finished another soccer season and still didn't score a goal, but got a lot closer than ever. I did the little things that a decent needs to win. We finished 4th in our league, which is pretty good.

I've been dreaming like crazy again and am expecting a fun-filled night tonight, as I had spicy Italian for dinner, along with a couple of glasses of wine. That usually does the trick.

I had a couple of crazy dreams over the weekend, both about my co-worker/buddy Bryan and his wife. One was fun, the other was sad and frustrating. Anyway, here's how it went down...

The first dream: I'm just chillin' and Bryan calls me up acting all giddy, like a little girl. I ask him what's going on and he tells me that he and his wife are pregnant. I become a little girl just like him and wish him the best. That's all I can remember about that one.

The other dream: Bryan calls me and he barely talks to me. I know something is wrong, but he won't say it. Finally I extract the following from him: "We lost the baby!" Not really knowing what to say, I just tell him "I'm sorry!" and that I'll be wherever he is in minute to hang out with him. So, he stays on the line and I keep trying to talk with him, but he won't talk back. I end up going through mazes and a bunch other mess, but I can never get to him. He finally lets his pain get the best of him and lashes out at me, which I take, because I know he's hurting.

So, that was great news, no? I told him about the dreams this morning. Is it weird that I dream about my co-workers? There's no homo-eroticism there at all, don't worry!

To close, I'll share a funny story from work.

So, as a team, my office was given a goal to accomplish by this Friday. As the weeks have gone by we've tracked our progress toward this goal with a thermometer style gauge, where the red goes up as we get more done. So, as of last Friday we blew our original goal away. To mark this momentous occasion, I updated our gauge with the red exploding out of the top and sent it to the bosses.

As my boss is leaving Friday afternoon, he says to Bryan and I "Yeah, we're gonna have to change the success meter, as it's a little too sexual. It looks like some guy just blew his load!"

We changed the geyser output into stars instead of droplets. I still wanted to put a picture of Peter North next to the gauge though.
||Inflicted on you by John, at 9:18 PM

0 Comments:

What do you think?